The identities of the two teen shooters responsible for the three fatal shootings at the Islamic Center in San Diego were released by NBC News.
The shooters were identified as Cain Clark, 17, and Caleb Vazquez, 18.
The teen shooters both died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
Five people are dead, including the shooters, and multiple in a shooting at the Islamic Center at 7050 Eckstrom Avenue.
One security guard was killed.
The scene at 7050 Eckstrom Ave is still active but contained. We have significant resources on scene at this time.
We have established a reunification location at 4125 Hathaway Street, SD, CA 92111 #SDPDPIO
— San Diego Police Department (@SanDiegoPD) May 18, 2026
NBC News reported:
Two senior law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation and a federal law enforcement official identified Cain Clark, 17, and Caleb Vazquez, 18, as the suspects in today’s shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego.
Previously, law enforcement officials said the suspects died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds. At a briefing this afternoon, police said the suspects were 17 and 19.
No motive has been provided. Investigators are examining possible anti-Islamic writings found in the car where police found the dead suspects, two senior law enforcement officials said.
Police still do not have a motive for the shooting.
BREAKING: The FBI confirms 2 teen suspects are dead following the shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego.
Officials also confirm at least 3 adult male victims were killed in the attack. pic.twitter.com/CYtdkQwxyu
— Fox News (@FoxNews) May 18, 2026
Later Monday, a woman shouted at San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria following the shooting.
VIDEO: Woman confronts San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria following the shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego. pic.twitter.com/5sCdhCh812
— NV Intel (@nvintel) May 18, 2026
The post JUST IN: Authorities Identify Teen Shooters in Attack on Islamic Center in San Diego appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.